The spa town of Baile Herculane has a long history of human habitation. In modern times, the
spa town has been visited for its supposedly natural healing properties: hot springs with sulfur,
chlorine, sodium, calcium, magnesium and other minerals, as well as negatively ionized air.
Before World War II, when the first modern hotel was built (i.e. H Cerna, 1930) it remained
a popular destination with Western Europeans. The spa's weather is specific for mountain's
depressions, Baile Herculane being on the same parallel with Nisa and Venezia.
THE SPRINGS have a high radioemanation level, similar to the ones of Vichy and Montdore.
At present, 16 natural springs with thermal mineral water, scattered along the Cerna Valley for
about 4 km, are known in the neighbourhoud of the resort.
- Degenerative rheumatic affections (cervical spondylosis, rear and lombar accompanied or not
by cervicobrahialgii, lombosciatalgii , arthrosis, poliartroze)
- Inflammatory rheumatic affections (ankylosing spondylosis)
- Rheumatic abarticular ailments (tendinozis, tendomiozis, tendoperiostozis, scapular-humeral
- Posttraumatic affections (redori joints, posttraumatic status after operations on joints, moods
after fractures, sprains, luxations, etc.)
- Peripheral neurological disorders (paresis)
- Metabolic and nutritional disorders (mild forms of diabetes, arthropathy, hiperlipemii
- Associated ailments (gynecological, respiratory ailments, otorinolaringologic of the digestive
tract, cardiovascular, dermatologic diseases)
- Thermal baths with mineral
- Buvete for internal cure with mineral waters
- Pool with thermal mineral waters in the open air
- Aerosol and gas inhalations with mineral waters
- Medical gyms
- Indoor and outdoor thermal mineral water swimming pools
- Sauna & Jacuzzi
- Fitness and rehabilitation center